No arrest yet in Cole Harbour shooting – Halifax

Written by admin on 14/11/2018 Categories: 长沙桑拿

HALIFAX – RCMP continue to search for a suspect in connection to a brazen daylight shooting in Cole Harbour.

Cpl. Jadie Spence with Halifax RCMP tells Global News that the male suspect is still at large and it is unknown where he may be at this point.

Police have not provided a description for the man, who is believed to be responsible for the shooting of a 22-year-old man on Merrimac Drive on Thursday morning.

RCMP spokesperson Const. Greg Church told reporters Thursday the 22-year-old victim was shot through the window of a car, and that the act was not random.

Spence said the victim remains in hospital Friday morning with serious, life-threatening injuries.

Police are calling the shooting a “disturbing” incident and would not speak to a motive for the shooting.

Dorothy Horton, a friend of the victim’s aunt, said the man had been shot once in the chest and twice in the arm.

Horton said she heard the shooter ran away into the woods.

The K9 unit was been brought in to assist in the search for the shooting suspect.

The Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) confirmed that the Halifax Infirmary emergency department, where the victim was taken, was placed under lockdown.

A spokesperson for the NSHA says this is done from time to time when the safety of a patient may be at risk.

Spence said police have not been able to speak with the victim due to his condition.

Cole Harbour High and Auburn Drive High schools were placed on a hold and secure, which was lifted later in the day.

Cole Harbour Place was placed under a brief lock down, but was reopened a short time later.

Merrimac Drive remains closed as they investigation continues.

ChangSha Night Net

©2015

Comments Off on No arrest yet in Cole Harbour shooting – Halifax